Postdoc or developer position
A post-doctoral fellowship or developer position is available in the Waldron Lab of Public Health Data Science at the CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy and the Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health in New York City. Opportunities are available to be involved in funded projects of the National Cancer Institute and National Human Genome Research Institute in the areas of multi’omic data analysis, human microbiome research, and Cloud computing. These projects utilize publicly available data and open-source software, and allow for independence and creativity in their development.
Our group is diverse, engaged, supportive, and inclusive. Our offices are located in Central Harlem, NYC, but we are well-adapted to remote working arrangements. We are active in software development for R/Bioconductor and in publication.
- Bachelors degree with two years work experience for a developer position, or a PhD in computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, molecular biology, or related disciplines for a post-doc position.
- experience with software development or analysis in relevant programming languages such as R, C / C++, or Python
Job duties include:
- scientific software development for R/Bioconductor
- preparation of manuscripts and public presentations
- participation in regular lab meetings
- collaboration with other lab members
The successful applicant can expect:
- access to a full range of high-performance computing facilities and commercial Cloud computing
- a supportive work environment including strong support for their career development and training
- to develop an international network of collaborators
- a collaborative and mutually supportive team environment with diverse colleagues
- to work with a multidisciplinary group with expertise spanning epidemiology, molecular biology, microbiology, bioinformatics, and biostatistics
The position includes standard full-time benefits of the Research Foundation of CUNY. Visa support is available if needed for international applicants. Salary is commensurate with experience, and post-doc salaries follow NIH guidelines. The initial position will be for a period of one year and is renewable contingent on performance and availability of funds.
To apply, send your CV and a statement of interest to email@example.com. Posted Nov 20 2020, open until filled.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, E-VERIFY EMPLOYER.
Student fieldwork and internships, and part-time positions, are often available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and statement of your interest to inquire.